Clinical Counselor I and Clinical Counselor II
NOVA (Network of Victim Assistance) is the comprehensive victim services organization in Bucks County. With a 47-year history, NOVA has expanded to include a continuum of prevention and direct services to prevent and address the needs of victims of sexual abuse and other serious crimes. NOVA is known across many disciplines and the community at large for its exceptional services and professionalism. As a mature and fiscally sound organization, establishing sustainability is key to our future success -- serving all victims who need services, educating the community at large on violence prevention in our community, and providing top-ranked professional training.
Clinical Counselor I and II. NOVA is hiring two counselors to join our counseling department to specialize in the Problematic Sexual Behavior - Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (PSB-CBT) program. Clinical Counselor I must be licensed or soon to be licensed in the field of social work, clinical counseling, psychology or other relevant field within one year post hire. Counselor II must have a Masters level in the field of social work, clinical counseling, psychology or other relevant field. Both must have experience working with individuals and families. Problematic Sexual Behavior - Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (PSB-CBT) focuses on children aged 7-14 and their caregivers in a group format. NOVA is looking to have these individuals become certified in the PSB-CBT program while managing the administrative work, conducting weekly therapy sessions and attending consultation meetings. Counselors will also work with children and adults who are the victims of sexual assault and other serious crimes. This position would require participating in individual and group supervisions and carrying a full caseload of clients who are victims of crime and abuse, including their significant others. It will also include outreach and trainings for professionals and schools in the community on problematic sexual behaviors.
All of our counseling services are free to victims, and are supported by public and private dollars. Annually we serve over 650 victims in individual or group counseling. Sessions may be provided in the client’s home, community, local schools, via telehealth and/or one of NOVA’s three offices.
Both positions will require the ability to travel throughout the county but will be based primarily in Fairless Hills, PA and assume at least two evenings per week.
- Clinical Counselor I – Masters’ degree and licensure or soon to be licensed (within one year) in social work, counseling, psychology or other relevant field.
- Clinical Counselor II – Masters’ degree in social work, counseling, psychology or other relevant field.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working clinically with children, adults, and families.
- TFCBT certification preferred, or training must be completed within two years post-hire.
- Sexual Assault Counselor (SAC) training certificate or must attend the 40-hour SAC Training at NOVA within 3-months post-hire.
- Must be comfortable with public speaking.
- Must be able to work 2 evenings per week and provide on-call coverage for the Chat/Text/Phone Hotline as assigned during business hours.
- Must have available transportation to travel to all three of NOVA’s offices, schools and clients’ homes as needed, primarily based out of the Fairless Hills office in Bucks County.
- Bilingual/multilingual preferred.
- Highly values teamwork.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word.
- Experience working with client data systems preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Current criminal, child abuse and FBI clearance is required before hire.
Excellent benefits include a competitive salary commensurate with experience, exceptional health and dental coverage, accruing three weeks Paid Time Off the first year plus 11 holidays, a Profit Sharing Pension Plan and 401K after one year and, many more. NOVA is an EOE.
If you have these qualifications, are energetic, passionate about the mission of NOVA, enjoy a friendly team-oriented environment, we would like to hear from you! Please submit your resume with a cover letter telling us why you are the person for this job to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line: Clinical Counselor