Full Time York, PA, US
Requisition ID: 1098 to apply
The counselor provides direct service to victims of sexual assault and other violent crimes. This includes individual and group counseling, program development, and education on the effects of trauma and violent crime.
This position will typically be scheduled 8 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday. Some evening may be required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide ongoing individual counseling to child, adolescent and adult victims and their significant others.
- Participate in the planning, development, and implementation of multiple support groups and activities for children, teens, and adults.
- Provide trainings specific to the dynamics of victimization to volunteers, staff and other community professionals.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with other resources in the community, and represent our agency at local alliance/coalition meetings and events as needed.
- Maintain statistics, reports and documentation as required for all direct service.
- Adhere to accepted standards of ethical practice as outlined in the NASW, ACA, or APA Code of Ethics, depending on graduate training.
Education and Experience:
- Master's Degree in counseling, psychology, or social work required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of sexual assault and incest dynamics and appropriate interventions preferred.
- Minimum two years post-graduate experience working with trauma victims.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the needs of victims of sexual violence and other violent crimes.
- Must be available to work in York and Hanover offices.
- Knowledge of community social service resources helpful.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred but not required.
- Must complete PCAR/PCCD/PCADV-required Advocate Training within 90 days of employment.
- Candidate must complete Act 34, Act 151, and FBI clearances.
- Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences. Works with integrity and ethically. Upholds organizational values.
- Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Observes safety and security procedures.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment.
- Has excellent organizational skills and works well independently.
- Ability to lift, push, and/or pull up to 25 pounds.
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking and typing.