- Law enforcement
- Forensic Nurses
The webinar will:
- Provide an overview of the law
- Highlight trauma-informed response to sexual assault and the potential benefits of Act 27 for victims and investigations
- Explain how the Act interplays with anonymous reporting
- Discuss legal requirements for law enforcement and prosecutors
- Offer recommendations for protocol development or revision to ensure compliance
At the completion of the webinar, participants should be able to:
- Identify the critical deadlines for kit pick up and testing submission;
- Explain the benefit of allowing victims to have “no less than two years” to decide on criminal justice action;
- List the professionals who are impacted by Act 27 and need to provide input on local implementation;
- Articulate the purpose and history of Act 27;
- Identify ways to comply with hospitals’ requirement to report criminal activity and Act 27
Ms. Deborah Calhoun has spent 27 years with the PA State Police Crime Laboratory working in serology, bloodstain pattern analysis, trace and drug analysis. She has a B.S. in Biochemistry, an M.S. from Duquesne University and is a graduate of the West Virginia University Forensic Management Academy and the Commonwealth Leadership Development Institute.
Ms. Karen Galbraith, LSW, is the Training Projects Coordinator at the Pennsylvania Coalition Against Rape. A licensed social worker, Karen has nearly 20 years of experience in the field of sexual violence, volunteering and working at both the local and state level. Karen has provided direct services to survivors and their families, and has facilitated trainings to professionals, students, and community members throughout the state.
Ms. Barbara Sheaffer, MA, is the Medical Advocacy Coordinator for PCAR. In this position, she provides technical assistance and training to advocates and other professionals across the state and nation on how to better serve victims of sexual assault in the healthcare setting.
For questions about registration, please contact Erin Levine, Database and Training Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 717-728-9740 x 106.
For questions about the training, please contact Karen Galbraith, Training Projects Specialist, at email@example.com or 717-728-9740 x 138
Deadline: June 30, 2016
To register, please click this link.