We are pleased to announce that Adams County Sexual Assault has been designated as a PCAR funded provider, ensuring the delivery of essential services to all residents within Adams County.
Adams County Sexual Assault Services offers a comprehensive range of support and assistance to survivors of sexual violence and their significant others within the Adams County community. Their services include:
- 24/7 Hotline Counseling: providing of round-the-clock access to confidential and empathetic hotline counseling for survivors in need of immediate support.
- Community-Based Counseling Services: free and confidential counseling services, both in-person and virtually, tailored to the unique needs of survivors of sexual assault.
- Accompaniment to Court Proceedings: accompaniment and support to survivors during court proceedings, ensuring their rights and well-being are upheld.
- PFA/SVPO Application and Court Proceeding Accompaniment: assisting survivors with Protection From Abuse (PFA) and Sexual Violence Protection Order (SVPO) applications, as well as accompanying them throughout the court process.
- Hospital Accompaniment: assisting survivors to medical facilities, offering emotional support and guidance during medical examinations and procedures.
- Advocacy and Counseling for Educational Institutions: specialized advocacy and counseling services to survivors within educational settings, such as Gettysburg College, promoting a safe and supportive environment.
- Advocacy and Counseling for Community Corrections: services to survivors involved in the Adams County Community Corrections Program, offering advocacy and counseling services to aid in their healing and rehabilitation.
- Outreach and Community Organizing: active engagement of initiatives and community organizing efforts to raise awareness, promote prevention, and foster a culture of support for survivors of sexual assault.
PCAR ensures that by supporting such agency initiatives, communities will be able to access quality victim services and prevention education by providing funding, training, materials and assistance to a network of rape crisis centers that serve all of Pennsylvania’s 67 counties.
Those seeking help in Adams County can call 1-888-772-PCAR for assistance or visit www.pcar.org for more information.
PCAR works to end sexual violence and advocates for the rights and needs of sexual assault victims. We partner with a network of rape crisis centers to bring help, hope, and healing to people in all of the Commonwealth’s 67 counties. Last year, rape crisis centers provided services to approximately 30,000 victims. Each year, rape crisis centers teach over 300,000 Pennsylvanians how to stop sexual violence in their communities. Over 50,000 professionals are trained by rape crisis centers to enhance the Commonwealth’s systemic responses to victims.