Requesting Proposals for Transgender Medical Advocacy Content Development
The Pennsylvania Coalition Against Rape (PCAR) works to end sexual violence and advocates for the rights and needs of sexual assault victims. In addition to Pennsylvania-specific work, PCAR operates the National Sexual Violence Resource Center (NSVRC) and is a partner in Raliance. PCAR partners with a network of rape crisis programs to bring help, hope, and healing around issues of sexual violence to the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. PCAR assures that communities have access to quality victim services and prevention education by providing funding, training, materials, and assistance to a network of rape crisis centers that serve all of Pennsylvania’s 67 counties. PCAR provides resources and training on sexual assault-related issues to professionals across the Commonwealth.
PCAR is seeking to partner with an organization, individual or team to develop content on providing medical advocacy to transgender survivors. The content developer is responsible for developing content to be shared in a written resource for sexual assault service center staff to utilize in their work with medical professionals and supporting transgender survivors. We are seeking content developers that have an understanding of transgender survivors, medical advocacy, victim services, sexual violence, trauma responses. Additionally, we would prefer to work with someone from the LGBTQ community.
We are looking for a consultant or group who has prior experience facilitating and developing content on medical advocacy to transgender survivors of sexual harassment, abuse, and assault. This project will require collaboration; we seek a partner that would meet agreed-upon learning objectives and be able to complete the project by September 30, 2023. Successful respondents must agree to work within PCAR’s publication standards. Content will need to meet 508 Compliance specifications for accessibility for people with disabilities.
PROPOSALS SHOULD INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
- Applicant name and/or agency and contact information.
- Describe relevant expertise and experience related to content development
- List specific work you have conducted with a similar focus and provide two examples of previous work.
- Briefly describe your proposed process for content development.
- Outline the time frame needed to complete this process and the estimated cost for development
The Pennsylvania Coalition Against Rape (PCAR) / National Sexual Violence Resource Center (NSVRC) is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI). One of our strategic goals is to become an anti-racist organization. Included in this commitment is an interest in supporting, and developing partnerships with, minority-owned businesses or businesses that demonstrate measurable outcomes related to their commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
We define diversity broadly to encompass the full spectrum of humanity, taking into account demographics such as race/ethnicity; Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer/Questioning (LGBTQ) status; gender identity; and disabilities, among others.
Equity is promoting justice, impartiality and fairness within the procedures, processes, and distribution of resources by institutions or systems. Addressing equity issues requires an understanding of the underlying or root causes of outcome disparities within our society.
Inclusion is the degree to which diverse individuals are able to participate fully in the decision making processes within an organization or group.
As such, please respond to the following questions:
- Describe your existing programs and procedures designed to encourage and foster diversity, equity and inclusion.
- If your establishment is a Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC)-owned, woman-owned, or LGBTQ-owned business, please indicate so
- Please provide the percentage of your establishment's total employees by race and gender.
- Please describe if/how your organization will use BIPOC-owned, woman-owned, or LGBTQ-owned business in the proposed relationship. Please be as specific as possible.
Consultants will be considered based on a variety of factors including:
- Demonstration of consultant’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion;
- Prior relevant projects or experience with firms of similar size and complexity;
- Knowledge and expertise of individuals that will work the projects;
- A proven track record of providing quality work on time;
- Ability to provide work within the scope on budget; and
- Response of references.
For further reference please see our organizational statement on our commitment to racial justice: https://pcar.org/sites/default/files/pages-pdf/commitment_to_racial_justicefinal508_updated.pdf.
Proposals are to be submitted electronically to the following: Contact Tatiana Piper, Community Advocacy Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org, 717-728-9740 x162